Monday, December 10, 2012

An Intro to the fly


This summer I took the family to West Vail for my daughter's 3rd birthday. My little girl was so excited to be in the mountains, and kept saying we were going on an adventure. I know Diego, Dora, and Calloiu had an influence on what she thought was an adventure, but I was going to show her a real adventure. The morning of her third birthday we woke up, grabbed the fly rod, and set out for our adventure.
It was AWESOME! As we walked we talked about dragons, mermaids, and monsters. We ate more candy then Moma would allow. She was so excited about walking through the water with our shoes on
We were just two kids on an adventure exploring our surroundings, and enjoying each other’s company.

 
It was the type of adventure that I didn't care if we caught fish or not. I was just happy to be with my buddy, and show her some cool things along the way.

 
I had an awesome day out with her, and introduced her to one of my passions. I’m looking forward to our time together in the future on the river, steam, or high mountain lake.


On a side note I made this net for myself out of some scrap pieces of various hardwoods for a trip I took to Idaho.
Tip: Always treat exotic hardwoods with denatured alcohol 15 minutes before gluging them togeter, and Tightbond III makes a very stong bond with exotic hardwwods.

No comments:

Post a Comment